I had my first meeting with the Team in Training group on Thursday August 21st. We met in a lovely old victorian style house in an old part of Austin. For as lovely as the house was..the group I met was even lovelier. What a bunch of fun and dedicated people. We also got to meet or hear the stories about our "Honored Heroes." Ray (8) with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. Carol (58) with Multiple Myeloma. She has undergone two Stem Cell Transplants and is in remission. Tom (28) was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He has done so well he is in his 2nd year of running the Austin Marathon for Team in Training. And Jordan (22) with non-Hodgkin's t-cell lymphoma. What great stories--they are winning the battle!
I sat there and felt so fired up! Determined to raise funds to find a cure! Determined to run the marathon! Determined to lose those last stubborn 20 pounds!.....
......Well, about those 2o pounds ....that might have to wait--just couldn't pass up the oatmeal cookies (can you blame me - they were still warm)! Anyway, I'm still determined to lose those pounds...maybe tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment