Sunday, August 31, 2008

When you get a diagnosis of cancer--- it makes you want to run


So I have this screwy diagnosis (CLL) and I have to figure out what to do about it. After reading some info on The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society website, I decided to pro-actively raise funds to find a cure.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the largest national voluntary health agency dedicated to finding a cure for leukemia and lymphoma. This society has invested more than $600 million in research alone. It is also dedicated to educate the public, educate professionals thorough symposiums, it promotes funding for clinical trials and financially aids patients with their numerous co-pays.
The Society's signature fund raising campaign is "Team in Training" (TNT). It is the largest endurance sports program of its kind. It helps train people to run the full or half marathon in exchange for raising funds. Team in Training has raised more than $851 million for this society. I decided to join TNT and have pledged to walk/run (mostly walk) 1/2 of the AT&T Austin Marathon (13.1 miles--Yipes!!) in February 2009 and hope to raise more than $5000. This is the first time I have done such a large fund raising effort so I need YOUR help to reach this goal.
Donations: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ctx/austin09/akingdpckk

No comments: