I had my first 3 mile walk the day before and I felt pretty good about it....I wasn’t too terribly slow. And I wasn’t hurting later that day. I knew the big test would be next morning, Sunday.
Well Sunday morning I passed the big test. I was able to get out of bed..all by myself!. I was worried that I would be so sore that I would need help or would be groaning a lot . Trevor, my youngest son, was visiting so I knew he would give me a hand.
Trevor and I decided to celebrate my triumphant emergence from the bedroom by going to the Alamo Draft House. The Alamo Draft House, who those who don’t know, is a movie theater where there are tables in front of the seats. So you can order food and watch a show at the same time. (We know from experience that eating while watching a horror movie isn’t a good thing. I ended up with food in my hair when I covered my eyes during an especially gory part!) We usually get there about 40 minutes early because they show really, really old and funny “D” rated movie clips. Or they show just funny weird stuff, like the time we watched a 10 minute show teaching us the “bad words” in Chinese... Sometimes the pre-show is actually better than the movie.
So I guess those extra pounds will remain for a few more days.....
Why am I doing this for --donations for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society;
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ctx/austin09/akingdpckk
No comments:
Post a Comment