Saturday, October 25, 2008

Light the Night event-----



Light the Night event

My youngest son, Trevor, and I did the Light the Night event together. It was fun and lovely at the same time. There was live music, free food and lots of free give-way stuff. Trevor wore the white shirt and carried the red ‘support’ balloon and I wore the blue’ survivor’ shirt and carried the white balloon. What made it extra special was that I got to meet one of the fellow CLLers, John Wagner, from the forum that I’m on. Trevor and I walked with him and his lovely family.

It was a beautiful clear night the lighted balloons looked great. There was also a lighted hot air balloon there as well. Lots of supporters were present and many ‘survivors’ ( one ‘blue shirt survivor’ was a little 3 year old wearing a surgery mask..sooo touching and so cute). I believe there were about 3-4000 people there.. Another little supporter was a 13 year old who was raising money for her best friend who was sick with leukemia...she managed to raise $15,000...to help her friend....what a great story!

It was a night to remember.....

No comments: